Job Description - General Fabricator – Level 2 (mild steel)
Full Time - $22-$25 per hour and up, depending on experience - 3 years' experience
Join our outstanding fabrication team! You will weld and fabricate various materials as outlined in engineering specifications and drawings.
General Fabricator Level 1 (mild steel) Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to weld flat and horizontal with GMAW (MIG), solid, or cored filler material.
- Fabricate using jigs and fixtures.
- Understand essential print tolerance per print title block.
- Basic weld print reading and understanding of how to adjust welding machine settings.
- Read and follow weld procedures.
- Able to sand/grind to GK grade B finish.
- Understands basic AWS weld symbols.
- Able to read a tape measure to 1/32"
General Fabricator Level 2 (mild steel) Duties and Responsibilities:
- All competencies from level 1 and able to weld all positions with GMAW (MIG), solid or cored filler material.
- Fabricate intermediate-level jobs using essential layout tools (tape measures, angle finder, squares, etc.).
- Proficient in understanding print tolerances, dimensions, and intermediate weld print reading.
- Understand how to adjust welding machine settings for multiple material grades, thicknesses, and filler material types.
- Read and follow written and electronic weld procedures.
- Understanding pre-heat for high-strength steel and ability to operate essential fabrication equipment such as jib crane, sheer, handheld plasma cutter, cutting torch, and other tools.
The development of critical thinking and problem-solving to improve processes and efficiency. Learn fabrication techniques such as heat straightening and the use of bracing and strong bars to prevent warpage.